Prolong the Life of Your Pumpkins This Fall in 5 Easy Steps!
1. To start - make sure you buy/pick pumpkins without scrapes or bruises, (even slight damage leads to early decay.)
2. Give your Pumpkins a BLEACH or VINEGAR BATH!
- Fill bath with 1tsp Bleach/1Gallon Water or 1:10 ratio Vinegar:Water
- Soak pumpkins in bath for 20 minutes on first side
- Turn pumpkins and soak for 20 minutes on other side
- If you're going to place pumpkins outdoors we encourage you to use vinegar instead of bleach so little critters don't ingest harmful materials if they decide to take a nibble of your pumpkins.
3. Drain bath & dry pumpkins with a towel
4. Air dry pumpkins overnight
5. Style pumpkins inside or outside your home!
- If you're styling outdoors - wait until temperatures are below 80 degrees for least amount of decay.
- Remember to use a vinegar bath if you're placing the pumpkins outdoors and you are in an area where deer, chipmunks and other critters may want to feast on your pumpkins - we don't want them ingesting any harmful bleach.